Friday, January 14, 2011

Bachelor Life - Creating Apartment Life to a Home

It seems so surreal that I am finishing my undergraduate in another state then California but rather Utah. 
A few reasons why I decided to leave my hometown of Cypress:
     * Change of pace
     * Opportunity for spiritual growth
     * Overcrowding at CSUF
     * Finish school faster

I decided to rent a bedroom out and share the main living quarters with three other males.   It is nice to not being alone but it seems like I am always cleaning up after them but they are super good about cleaning up their own areas.   I thrived on the opportunity to find inexpensive decorations from shower curtains to cleaning supplies that make apartment life an home.  

Here are some before photos
 Living room is to the right of main entrance


 The fridge was gross when I got here....
With the help of one my roomates that happens to be from Brazil.  Helped me disinfect the fridge. 

I have already had friends over for tacos, spaghetti with salad, brocceli, raspberry lemonade.....
 



















AFTER PHOTOS:


I understand that I need a lamp shade by my bed.  The set of bedding came with some masculine striped sheet and comforter that is reverisible (navy blue and beige).  The pillow sham is a clearance item that was a found at Kohl's.    
  
 


Please keep in mind that I am still a bachelor so my interior design skills are limited with small resources.  I thought I did well finding clearance items that were only $1.98, blue shag rugs.  The rugs were placed by the shower and each sinks.   I love the ($2.59) toilet seat cover.  I understand that the ($2.34) black shower curtain, blue rug, periwinkle seat cover and ($3.48) decorative shower hooks do not match. 

 WHAT DO YOU THINK???????

7 comments:

  1. Love it John! When can I come over?! haha, good to see you're doing so well :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It takes a while to make a house a home but you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess its only fair that i comment on your blog, since you always comment on mine.
    your apartment looks adorable. i can't wait to come see it.
    lets be social butterflies together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go clearance! Looks great, John. I would love going to college with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dinner last night John and your blog is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha john your so cute! it was good to see you a few weeks ago cousin. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think you need to change your major to interior design?

    ReplyDelete